Karate was developed on the island of Okinawa when the Okinawan art Ti was combined with Kung Fu, which was introduced to the island by Chinese immigrants. This cultural exchange and developement happened from the 1400's-1600's.
In Okinawa, the dojo is a highly respected place. It is where the art of self-defense is raised to a way of life. The student of karate is strengthened both physically and mentally while their character is polished through training in the art’s moral principles.
· Concentration skills for all aspects of life.
· Respect for parents, teachers and self.
· Self-discipline to know right from wrong.
· Confidence to excel in the face of adversity.
· Confidence to say “NO” to peer pressure.
· Leadership skills.
· Physical fitness and coordination.
· Self-defense skills.
(including how to avoid fights)
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.